New Wave Friday
New Wave Friday is a fun family-friendly event featuring activations, shopping exclusives, food, libations, live entertainment & more.
次のイベント: Friday, February 22 6:00pm - 9:00pm
2nd Friday of Every Month
live painting & meet the artists
Enjoy live demonstrations throughout the evening, including:
- Jasper Wong (in partnership with Servco Lexus)
- 7 Sketches
- Gary Draws Fish
- Peace Peeps
Meet the artists!
- Wooden Wave signings
- Kamea Hadar and Jeffrey Gress
- Jasper Wong (while live painting)
live entertainment featuring taimane
We are thrilled to welcome back Taimane to Ward Village! She will be performing on the main stage.
Plus, a hip-hop performance by Nyah!
rsvp and check in for a free tote
RSVP and check in at the event to receive a free tote designed by POW! WOW! founder Jasper Wong! Quantities are limited, so please arrive early. Eventbrite check-in will be located at the IBM Building on 1240 Ala Moana Boulevard.
We want to see your photos from New Wave Friday! If you miss out on claiming a free tote at check-in, you still have a chance to win. We're giving away ten (10) totes signed by Jasper Wong himself! Enter our Instagram contest for your chance to win. How to enter:
- Post a photo from New Wave Friday on your Instagram feed and use hashtag #newwavefriday.
- Your Instagram account must be public and you will need to follow Ward Village on Instagram to enter.
- Photo may be re-posted on the Ward Village Instagram page.
take lyft and save!
Take Lyft and save! New Lyft riders use code WARDVILLAGE for up to $20 in ride credits. For existing Lyft riders, use code NEWWAVEFRIDAY for 20% off rides to and from the event.
Enjoy special offers from Ward Village merchants during New Wave Friday!
- Big Island Delights: 15% off entire purchase, excluding special orders, gift baskets & gift boxes. Enjoy in-store smaples.
- Big Bad Wolf: POW! WOW! Hawaii pop-up
- Cameron Hawaii: Meet special pop-up guest while enjoying chocolates and champagne in-store
- Dave & Busters: Spin our Wheel in South Shore Market for fun prizes at New Wave Friday.
- Eden in Love: Buy one item, score the second similar item for 50% off.
- fishcake: Come view a fresh cycle of "SALON" at APT #155 by fishcake, a quarterly salon-style showcase of emerging and established local artists.
- Flotsam & Co.: Score a free jewelry gift with purchase of $100 or more.
- Mahina: Enjoy champagne & treats in-store at New Wave Friday.
- MORI by Art + Flea: Art + Flea on Queen Lane with 25+ vendors featuring local fashion, art, music, food and more!
- Novel-T World: T-Shirt vendor inside South Shore Market.
- Via Gelato: $1 keiki cups or $2 keiki cones.
art & flea
Shop Art + Flea vendor for unique, local goods:
- Boa Hawaii Sunglasses
- Little Hands Hawaii
- Pow Wow / Big Bad Wolf
- UH Manoa Fashion Show
- Kulia Clothing Co.
- Ocean Paper
- THE Bad Alliance
- Ano Swimwear
- X REY VISION
- SouthShore Bowls
- Watanabe Bakery x MoDo
- BAO TAO’N
- Piggy Smalls
- Riskit Design
- Knits and Knots by AME
- Haru palette
- Maidens of the Pacific
- Margaret Rice Studio
- The Haole Indian
- with aloha design
- Rocket Coffee
- Fish Food Hawaii
We've got plenty of fun for the whole family! Bring the keiki and enjoy large format chalk art plus POW! WOW! coloring activities.
street closures and parking info
Auahi St. will be closed for New Wave Friday. If you are driving, please note the entrance to the South Shore Market parking garage will be closed on Auahi St.; please enter on Queen St. The Ward Centre parking garage will be open with modified in and out access. Parking is also available at Ward Entertainment Center, Ward Warehouse Garage, Whole Foods Market, and other locations across Ward Village. Check out our parking page for more information.
Every Saturday, 8:00am - noon
Kaka‘ako Farmers Market
Located in the heart of Honolulu, Kaka‘ako Farmers Market brings the abundance of the country into the heart of the city.
Second Thursday of Every Month
Courtyard Cinema is free and open to the public and showcases a selection of Hawaii International Film Festival curated films.